Thursday, June 14, 2012

#5- Ode To My Hammock




Zion National Park

          When Bree & I first decided to make this fantastic voyage of ours happen, first I fist-pumped thennn I took to making lists of all sorts. What we needed to do to execute our glorious plan, gear to get, money to save, where to explore, etc. Then came what was half the fun of all of it, going to the “candy store” (REI), and being able to buy all sorts of goodies- guilt-free! Everything from a tent to sleeping bags, to camelbaks and headlamps, we equipped ourselves like it was Christmas and REI was our personal Santa Claus (only a bit more expensive).

Kentucky

 Now that we’ve been on the road for 1+ months, and had a chance to really break in and get a feel for our gear, I’ve decided one of my favorite purchases by far is my hammock. It’s super compact, lightweight and can hold both of us. It has straps that make it possible to set it up with trees that are different widths apart, and has provided me with some of my best afternoon reading & napping spots. I find few things to be as glorious as a perfect Spring/Summer day with a slight breeze blowing, to be able to sway in my hammock and look up at the trees & sky. 

Reading...

Zzzzzz....
Crashed out!





No comments:

Post a Comment